Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Day On The Best Coast!

Claire and I headed to Santa Cruz today. It is November and 78 degrees there?! I thought we had to get that sun before it hibernates for winter. 

breakfast + pumpkin bread
it was dead, just how I like it
perfect weather
We went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk since I thought there might be plenty for Claire to look at, plus getting down to the water would be easy enough since it is as flat as a pancake and I could park close. Although walking to a good spot on the beach by myself with a toddler is a bit of a challenge. Carrying Claire in the Boba, a bag with towels, water, crackers, a camera on my shoulder, a beach blanket in my arm, and the best beach umbrella out there on my other shoulder is tough! Then walking 500 feet in the sand. Needless to say, I got my work out in.




she might look excited, but she isn't too happy here
she hated the sand between her toes


Claire has been to the beach a couple times before. She was scared the first time, then loved it the second time. Today, the third time, I was expecting all smiles and wet feet. Just the opposite! She could not stand the sand and cried, blew kisses, and said "bye-bye!" anytime we got near the water. Poor girl. Although, I loved sitting with her in the shade of our umbrella, cuddling up, taking silly photos, and singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. It was a good morning.


she likes hanging out under the umbrella best! so mature she is ha!
accidentally got SO close


this was one of the many times she fell asleep for about 30 seconds. I had to keep waking her up so she would nap at home!

On the way home we rocked out to Best Coast. I couldn't help but think about how appropriate the song, The Only Place is. Check it out.




"We've got the ocean, got the babes, got the sun, we've got the waves" 

No comments:

Post a Comment