This is my go-to recipe when I want a chocolate chip cookie fix. It isn't anything fancy, but its quick and the clean up is minimal. I can get these cookies in the oven in under ten minutes. Love that! I even made them in a jiffy last weekend when our friends that had come over for dinner were sitting around chatting.
(adapted from recipe at Food.com)
- 3/4 cup butter
- one egg plus one yolk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 semisweet)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Get 2 (smaller and larger) bowls, and 1 wooden spoon. Melt butter in smaller non-plastic bowl, 45 seconds in the microwave. Pour into bigger bowl. Re-microwave smaller bowl for 10 seconds. Crack eggs into warm smaller bowl. Let sit while mixing sugar into butter with wooden spoon in the larger bowl. Add vanilla, salt, and baking soda to larger bowl and mix until smooth. Add eggs. Stir again. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time until all blended. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon large heaps of dough (small ice cream scoop size) onto ungreased cookie sheet, six on a sheet. Leave dough in lumpy heaps on the cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, rotate sheet, then bake another 8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet. Remove and enjoy! Makes 12 cookies.